Here at KAG our Field Operations team consists of dedicated professionals from various disciplines and experience levels. Our company depends on our Regional Managers, Maintenance and Safety Personnel, and Terminal Assistants to ensure we are meeting our goal of being the employer of choice. However, the majority of our field team members begin their careers with KAG in Dispatcher and Terminal Manager roles as outlined below.
Our dispatchers are responsible for maximizing the number of loads delivered, while maintaining excellent relationships with customers and drivers. They provide information and support for an efficient and safe delivery of every load.
- Planning & Implementing
- Decision Making
- Communication & Relationship Building
What makes a good Dispatcher?
- Ability to prioritize and effectively plan
- Quickly adjust to changing conditions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well and make decisions under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
Our Terminal Managers are responsible for the overall safe and profitable operation of their assigned location(s). This includes budget and revenue forecasting, safety management, driver staffing, vehicle maintenance, and the overall efficient cost management of the operation while complying with all regulatory agencies including DOT, OHSA, and FDA requirements. They also work closely with our valued customers.
- Promotes and develops safe work behaviors.
- Monitors compliance and hours of service for all drivers.
- Serves as the face and voice of the organization for all drivers, owner operators, and other terminal staff.
- Monitors performance of all drivers to ensure a safe and incident free delivery of every load.
- Develops and mentors staff through ongoing performance evaluations.
- Provides effective training, support and leadership.
- Engages local customers regularly to drive growth and enhance relationships.
- Ensures maximum asset utilization through adequate staffing and proper equipment maintenance.
- Works closely with KAG Support Center. Provides information and reports as they relate to various departments.
- Evaluates business processes and procedures and make suggestions for improvement.
- Some travel required; mostly local.
What makes a good Terminal Manager?
- Knowledge of the transportation industry
- Effective communication skills
- Leadership skills and the ability to develop high-performing teams
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi task and delegate